March 31, 2014
Who said pancakes are only for Sunday morning brunch? When you start your day with these healthy Pumpkin Pancakes, Monday doesn't seem so bad after all.
1 Ripe banana
2 Tbsp almond milk
3 Sprinkles of cinnamon
1 Whole egg and 2 Egg whites
3 Heaping tablespoons of canned organic pumpkin
*berries of choice for topping
- Crack the egg and egg whites into a mixing cup or bowl, whichever will be easier for you to pour the batter from.
- Mush the banana into the eggs, making sure that no chunks of banana are left.
- Add the cinnamon, almond milk and pumpkin and mix everything together.
- Pour the first batch onto a greased pan over high heat . You can make the pancakes however big or small you choose; we like to make them small and then stack them on top of one another. Nothing beats cutting into a towering stack of pancakes!
- You're going to want to cook the first batch on high heat so that the pan heats up but then be sure to reduce the flame to medium-high for the next batch so that your pancakes don't burn. Keep an eye on your pancakes and flip them once you see air bubbles beginning to form on top and when you can slide the spatula under without it getting stuck in the batter.
- Enjoy your pumpkin pancakes with fresh berries (we used blackberries) or drizzle some organic maple syrup on top for an extra boost of Monday sweetness.