March 5, 2014
We're Loving Headbands Wednesday!
The item that's caught our hearts this week is the old school headband that proves that everything 'old school' still has some serious game. Here's why you should put on a headband even on days when you're having a good hair day:
- Lupita Nyong'o. If you watched the Oscars then this needs no explanation, but if you didn't, all you need to know is that Lupita proved that even the most simplest headband can steal the spotlight.
- They're perfect for branching out with your sense of style and practically have a step by step path to trendsetter status built into them. Start off with a thin plastic variety, slowly adding spikes or the occasional embellishment, and ultimately reaching full on hanging-jewels-from-your-locks status.
- Putting on a headband equals a new hairdo without even trying. Plus, you can wear one with your hair fully loose or in a pony for a sporty chic look.
- It takes two seconds to bring you to fully dressed status in the morning. Put it on and you're ready to run out the door... or down the runway.
- Unlike a statement bag, a headband is with you all day (after all, it's literally attached to your head) and therefore you always have a conversation starter on your hands. The person standing on line in front of you at Starbucks might just turn around and notice your to-die-for headband, comment on its aforementioned enviable status, and then offer to let you go ahead of them since they're honored to be near someone so fashion forward as yourself. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?
We scouted out some of the best headbands of the moment, so look through our picks and show headbands some TLC even when it's not Wednesday.